Friday, April 23, 2021

Nanowrimo 2020

Nanowrimo 2020

nanowrimo 2020

Posted on Jan 16, Preptober: 15 Steps for Conquering NaNoWriMo in As the calendar flips to November, writers all over the world will start gearing up for National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo — the yearly competition in which authors attempt to write a 50,word manuscript in the space of a NaNoWriMo Week One WE DID IT, GUYS. The first week of NaNo is behind us! Words are being written, caffeine is being consumed, sanity is being buried in the backyard  · That means in NaNoWriMo , you’ll have 21 days to write. So you’ll have to write 2, words a day, five days a week to win NaNo. If that seems difficult, I promise you it’s more difficult to unrealistically aim for writing 1, words daily. Once you know how many days you’re going to write, figure out when you’ll write



Preptober: 15 Steps for Conquering NaNoWriMo in



WE DID IT, GUYS. The nanowrimo 2020 week of NaNo is behind us! Words are being written, caffeine is being consumed, sanity is being buried in the backyard. In a very mature, nanowrimo 2020, professional manner of course.


I kind of write them more for myself because I love logging all my NaNos and this is a good way to do it??? SUNDAY: DAY 1. NaNo started off write right. I had to. Confession time: Often the first two or three days of NaNo are grueling.


See, story beginnings are my enemy. Plus with NaNo it takes me a few days to get into the groove of writing basically every day all day and ignoring my life and all sleep. Nanowrimo 2020 yeah. The first few days tend to not be my favorite. But THIS DAY. As per tradition, I stayed up to midnight on October 31st so I could get in those first few words the second the calendar struck November 1st. It did start out a tad slow, but once the coffee kicked in yes, I was drinking coffee at midnight.


And I also got a happy surprise. Me being the blonde I am, totally forgot about the time change. I mean, that of course just made my irresponsible self stay up even longer, but YA KNOW.


It was a nice little NaNoween treat! But Sunday morning I woke up chipper and ready to write. Apparently really ready to write. I settled down with my laptop after lunch and began to write. And write. Instead of nanowrimo 2020 grueling pushing out each word forcefully that often comes with the first day of NaNo.


Nanowrimo 2020 had kind of secretly hoped to end the day with 7k words, because I tend to always write the most words on the first day. Day 1 of NaNoWriMo ended with 9, words.


BUT OVER 9K DID. The words just kept…coming. In fact, I was kind of disappointed once it was nearing midnight because I WANTED TO KEEP WRITING??? Instead of collapsing with exhaustion and relief that I survived the first day like usual. Chapters two and three especially just had me typing like a giddy monkey wutmy fingers barely nanowrimo 2020 to keep up with my characters. What a way to kick off NaNo! WORDS WRITTEN: 9, MONDAY: DAY 2. Nanowrimo 2020 did still get in some good writing and OOOOH BOY.


This day was when I got to really see the Squad together. On this day I discovered that:. So even though Monday was a bit of a busier day, the chances I did get to write were a pure DELIGHT. WORDS WRITTEN: 3, TUESDAY: DAY 3, nanowrimo 2020. Alternate Title: The Day in Which I Cried. Up to this point, most of the story had been on a nanowrimo 2020 upbeat note. But today I reached the chapter in which I had long since mentally titled The Nanowrimo 2020 of Tears.


And HOO BOY. What an accurate description, nanowrimo 2020. I cried, guys. Nanowrimo 2020 actual tears, gotta blow my nose, need a minute to nanowrimo 2020 myself kind of crying. I also kind of adore writing emotional scenes??? Even though they HURT. Needless to say, day 3 proved to be another fabulous day of writing, tears and all!


I also wrote some scenes that made me giggle endlessly, so it was a good mix. WORDS WRITTEN: 5, WEDNESDAY: DAY 4, nanowrimo 2020. I made up for the Chapter of Tears by writing a delightfully fun ball scene today, in which a glitter explosion happened. And yes, there was indeed a surprise glitter explosion that covered all the guests in glitter at said ball.


It was fun for all. I may have grinned endlessly. Have I mentioned I love these characters??? Yeah, nanowrimo 2020, I should have written 35 more words to make it an even 5k but I finished a chapter and it was 5 minutes to midnight so here we are.


THURSDAY: DAY 5. This day was a thrilling day, as I finally reached the nanowrimo 2020 of The Scene, nanowrimo 2020. As in, the big scene that has been in my head since almost the first spark of this story. Well, technically one of my first ideas was actually the very first scene. Once the story concept began to take shape, THIS scene arrived with it, putting nanowrimo 2020 all together.


Although…technically I only began the scene, barely got into the true painful depths of it see tomorrowBUT STILL. See my notes above about writing the last happy chapter. That kind of sounded creepy out of context. Also, also, also, I may have been madly writing right up to PM to try to get in 5k words for the day because who needs sleep and sanity.


Someone tell me to go to bed. FRIDAY: DAY 6. Ah yissss. Here we go. In which The Scene really took place. I declare the scenes I think I have planned end up being the hardest to write??? And then I just fly through surprise scenes.


Buuuut the day proved to be gorgeous and I spent every moment outside literally until dark writing, and at last finished The Scene. And, well, my poor emotions went on a whirlwind that day. I had a a fairly solid ish??? idea of some events that needed to happen up to this point, nanowrimo 2020. My story and me hurtling through November.


Have fun guessing which one is which. WORDS WRITTEN: 4, nanowrimo 2020, SATURDAY: DAY 7. Have I mentioned yet I really do much better pantsing? Today went SO smoothly, nanowrimo 2020. But oh boy, guys OH BOY. It is funnnn. I had a delightful time writing today. SUNDAY: DAY 8. Today was a very fascinating day, as I not only got to explore an entirely new really fun setting, I met my main baddies for the fist time ever!


And, gotta say, nanowrimo 2020, they did not disappoint. Here, nanowrimo 2020, have a random snippet from today to close off:. She set a hard glare on the Captain, looking all the fiercer with her scar, and Aelin smiled.


Here it came. Day only used that particular glare on very special occasions. Day, of course, had no trouble, shackled or not. He pushed up from the door frame and strode toward Day until he stood toe-to-toe, towering over her by a good foot nanowrimo 2020 a half, nanowrimo 2020, his wings filling the space nanowrimo 2020 them like a great cloud. And yet her stance never wavered, nanowrimo 2020.




Ready to Write! (What I'm Writing) - NaNoWriMo 2020 Day 1

, time: 10:29





NaNoWriMo The Ultimate Survival Guide - The Story Soul


nanowrimo 2020

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing Participating in NaNoWriMo ? Caution! - Jerry Jenkins Posted on Jan 16, Preptober: 15 Steps for Conquering NaNoWriMo in As the calendar flips to November, writers all over the world will start gearing up for National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo — the yearly competition in which authors attempt to write a 50,word manuscript in the space of a

No comments:

Post a Comment